About the Role
You have significant experience on complex productions and multi-faced projects. You are confident meeting new people from diverse backgrounds and building trust and rapport. You can manage aggressive timelines. You love thinking both creatively and strategically to solve problems and design smart solutions. You believe in the power of business to do good. You have a global mindset and are inclusive in all you do. You are a dynamic and visionary senior leader with a passion for creating positive change and empowering people. As the Director of Operations for RockCorps France, you will unleash the power of music and tap into the limitless potential of volunteers. Your proven track record in senior leadership demonstrates your ability to navigate challenges and deliver success in high pressure situations. Now is your chance to join our team and lead the operations of RockCorps France towards a future where the worlds of music, community and social impact converge.
……If this sounds like you, we would love to chat
You should be curious about and reading anything you can on:
● Large scale production and complex projects
● Volunteering and community
● Music for social change
● Business for social good
RockCorps is a pro-social marketing and entertainment company.
We use music and culture to inspire action - providing the tools and opportunities for people to volunteer and get involved in their community.
One person, one show, one city at a time – we are moving a generation to change the world.
Our core platform focuses on ‘Give, Get Given/ Tu Donne, Tu Recois’; we produce concerts – the only way to get a ticket is to earn one by participating in a RockCorps produced 4 hour volunteer project in your local community.
To date, over 180,000 volunteers have attended more than 50 RockCorps concerts. Volunteers have done over 700,000 hours of work for more than 2,600 global charities and non-profits. Artists have included Rihanna, Lady Gaga, David Guetta, Pharrell, Kanye, Snoop Dogg, Maroon 5, A$AP Rocky, Ellie Goulding and Nas.
We partner with brands across the world to make the platform happen. Tailored to meet our brand partner’s commercial objectives, RockCorps is proven to help fundamentally change the way people think, feel and act towards our brand partners.
In 2024, in advance of the Olympic celebrations, RockCorps will return to France in partnership with a famous French brand. RockCorps will engage 15,000 volunteers primarily in Paris and across 8 additional cities in a range of volunteer community projects.
These community projects culminate with a huge concert at the Accor Arena, Paris in late May 2024. The only people attending will be those that did the volunteer work.
RockCorps is now recruiting its core management team for this project.
The Director of Operations will spearhead and manage the operational team in France, responsible for ensuring the program is delivered and reporting directly to RockCorps CEO, Stephen Greene and designates. The Director of Operations will also work alongside the Managing Director for France.
The production of the concert and video content will be managed separately and is not directly part of this job.
● Delivery of at least 150 volunteer projects over the course of 3 months in advance of the concert
● Responsible for honoring commitments and delivering value back to RockCorps brand partner
● Maintain operational integrity of the RockCorps model at all time
● Communicate all program activities back to CEO and designates; assist with compilation of progress reports, management information and other data; as required by the global team
● Ultimate responsibility for recruiting, managing and leading upwards of 40 seasonal staff to successfully execute the RockCorps Program, including a Project Manager, Supplies Manager and Project Coordinators
● Financial accountability for a significant program execution budget
● Health, Safety and Insurance for the community volunteer projects
● Supervise the management of key business relationships with local partners and other contacts
● Creating an enthusiastic and collaborative culture within the RockCorps team; ensuring the health and well-being of staff
● Creating a welcoming and diverse team that reflects the demographics of the volunteers and France
● Ensure a warehouse for project equipment and offices dedicated for the project team
● Supervising the customer relationship management system and team that gets the volunteers from a registration of interest to a volunteer project
● Ensure that volunteers have a positive experience of volunteering
● Ensure that our Association partners get meaningful work done and are happy to be a part of the program
● Coordination with the recruitment marketing that drives people to the program website. Website registration responsibility will sit with another RockCorps executive
● Supervise the management of key outside agencies and partners in their roles of communicating both the underlying message of the program and the recruitment need for volunteers
This is an integral role within the business; leading the RockCorps France 2024 Program from planning to a successful implementation.
● 10 years minimum experience. Extensive track record of effective planning, production, issue resolution, project management and risk management skills
● Experience managing teams of similar size (circa 50 people)
● You will be confident, articulate and personable, with demonstrated leadership experience and excellent communication skills; with skills to quickly build rapport with local partners and other contacts in order to forge lasting, successful working relationships
● Experience in some, or all, of the following: production, project management, communications, events management, sponsorship, advertising, digital content and media
● Understand how and embrace how social impact is increasingly becoming important to brands, governments, artists and celebrities, NGOs and people overall; understands the continued emergence of pro-social marketing
● Understand the RockCorps concept and is passionate about delivering the program
● Strongly attentive to detail, able to multi-task and have perseverance to follow through on organizational issues
● An all-round team player; collaborative, calm under pressure, able to celebrate success, creative and agile as this will be a fast-paced, dynamic working environment
● Innovative in your approach, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
● Experienced in managing high level budgets
● Flexible, as there will be a degree of travelling around France and potentially to the UK, where the global team are based
● Possess resilience and able to manage multiple tasks, under deadlines
● Have a love of music and sense of humor
● Bi lingual English and French – fluent to native level
● Must be based in Paris for duration of project
● This is a contract position until 30th June 2024
● Salary: Compensation based on relevant experience: ranging from €85,000 – €95,000 + €10,000 bonus when KPIs are met.
Must be based in Paris and fluent in both French and English.
We work globally, with headquarters based in London so a stable, high-speed internet connection is a must.
Diversity. Inclusion. Belonging. Respect. Our values. These are the principles we use to build our team. We have an international, multicultural following and it’s essential that we reflect that within our team and culture.
Please submit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Tuesday 5th September